Address Manager provides access to several logs the record server operation. Server logs are accessible from the View Logs function in the object name menu.
To view DNS/DHCP Server logs:
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Select the Servers tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Configuration information page.
- Under Servers, click a server name. The Details tab for the server opens.
- Click the server name menu and select View Logs.
From the Log File drop-down menu, select the type of log
- Command Server—the command server is the application running on DNS/DHCP Servers that controls deployment and all other connections to it. The log lists events that are directly related to the command server.
- DNS—a filtered view of the system log displaying events related to DNS.
- System—information about the central functions on the DNS/DHCP Server including DNS and DHCP data.
- Update—contains information about updates applied to the DNS/DHCP Server.
- DHCP—a filtered view of the system log displaying events related to DHCP.
- DNS Validation—information from the DNS deployment validation process performed on data deployed to the server.
- Zone Validation—information from the DNS zone deployment validation process performed on data deployed to the server.
- DHCP Validation—information from the DHCP validation process performed on data deployed to the server.
- In the Number of lines fields, select the number of lines you want to view. Select the radio button beside the text field and enter a value between 10 and 50,000 in the text field, or select the radio button beside the drop-down menu and select a value from the list.
- Click View.
- To save the text of the log, select and copy the text in the Contents section. Paste the text into a text editor or word processor and save the file.