Apply software updates to the DNS/DHCP Servers in an xHA pair. If the servers are already at the current software version, the Update function is unavailable.
BlueCat periodically releases software updates for Address Manager and DNS/DHCP Server. If a patch is available for DNS/DHCP Server, you can use Address Manager to apply the patch to the DNS/DHCP Servers in an xHA pair.
When you apply updates, Address Manager updates both the Active and Passive nodes. Address Manager first updates the Passive node, and then performs an xHA failover to change the roles of the servers. Address Manager then updates the second server.
To update or apply a patch to the xHA pair:
- Select the Servers tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Configuration information page.
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Under Servers, click the xHA pair.
To apply a patch,follow these steps:
- Click the xHA pair name menu and select Apply Patch.
- Under Confirm Server Patch, confirm the server or xHA pair that you want to update.
- Under Available Patches, select a patch file from the drop-down menu, and continue with step 6.
To update the servers, follow these steps:
- Click the menu beside the xHA pair name and select Update.
- Under Confirm Server Upgrade, confirm the xHA pair that you want to update.
- Under Change Control, add comments, if required.
- Click Yes.
Once the upgrade is complete, deploy to the xHA pair to ensure the upgrade is
stable and services are functioning properly.
Note: Deployment is required after a successful server update to ensure the correct operation of all services.