Remove all IP addresses and interface configurations for specific physical interfaces (eth0, eth1, and eth2) and reset factory settings.
- Run the reset factory-default command with extreme caution. Running this command will delete ALL IPv4 and IPv6 addresses and VLAN interfaces and bonding interfaces configured on the selected interface and restore factory defaults. This action is irreversible.
- On Address Manager, running the reset factory-default command on eth0 will delete bond0 and restore the default factory IP (192.168.1.1).
- On DNS/DHCP Server, running the reset factory-default command on eth0 will remove all VLAN interfaces and bonding interfaces configured on the interface and restore the default factory IP (192.168.1.1) as the Primary Service IP.
- Dedicated Management must be disabled prior to running the reset factory-default command on eth2.
- Address Manager—eth0, eth1 (network redundancy; hardware appliances only)
- DNS/DHCP Server—eth0, eth1 (xHA Backbone), eth2 (Dedicated
Management), eth3 (hardware appliances only), bond0*,
*Only available once a bonding interface has been created (port bonding on hardware appliances only).
**Only available when VLAN interfaces have been configured.
To reset interface configurations to factory defaults:
- Log in to the Address Manager Administration Console as the administrator. For more information on default login credential for Address Manager, refer to BlueCat default login credentials (you must be authenticated to view this topic).
- From Main Session mode, type configure interfaces and press ENTER.
- Type modify <interface> and press ENTER.
Type reset factory-default and press
The Administration Console prompts you that all configurations for the interface will be set to factory defaults.
- At the prompt, type <Y|y> and press ENTER.