Use the xHA repair function after physically replacing a server in the xHA pair. The repair function ensures that the replaced server has the correct configuration to rejoin the pair. Before using the xHA repair function in Address Manager, ensure that the replacement or repaired server is running correctly and that it has the same IP address as the original server.
- Address Manager v9.4.0 supports xHA Repair on DNS/DHCP Server v9.2.0 or greater only. Customers using xHA with software version v9.1.0 or earlier must upgrade each server in an xHA pair to DNS/DHCP Server v9.2.0 or greater to ensure the proper continuity and functionality of services. In addition, the software version on each DNS/DHCP Server must be identical.
- If multi-interface DNS/DHCP Servers are used in xHA, the replacement or repaired server must be configured with exactly the same gateway, management IP address, netmask, and management style (Dedicated Management service is enabled or disabled.) as the disconnected/failed server. For more information about DNS/DHCP Server interface settings, refer to DNS/DHCP Server configuration and system settings.
- The number of interfaces on the replacement or repaired server must match the number of interfaces on the disconnected server.
- If both nodes in an xHA pair fail, you should re-deploy standalone servers first, and then recreate the xHA pair instead of trying to repair it.
To repair an xHA pair:
- Select the Servers tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Configuration information page.
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Under Servers, click the xHA pair.
- Click the menu beside the xHA pair name and select Repair.
Review the information in the xHA and Repair
Servers sections of the page:
- The xHA section lists the name and server profile of the xHA pair.
- The Repair Servers section lists the servers in the xHA pair.
- Under Repair Servers, enter the password for the unknown server in the Password field.
- Under Change Control, add comments, if required.
- Click Repair.