How to add multiple IP service addresses.
To configure additional IPv4 or IPv6 service addresses:
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Select the Servers tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Configuration information page.
- Under Servers, click the name of a DNS/DHCP Server. The Details tab for the server opens.
- Click the server menu button and select Service Configuration.
- From the Service Type drop-down menu, select Interfaces.
Under the Interface column, choose the eth0
interface then navigate across the row to the Action
column and click Edit.
- The Interface, Type, IPv4 Primary and IPv6 Primary fields are automatically populated and can't be edited. If running an xHA pair, you will see the PIP field, which also can't be edited. The PIP is the IP address configured on Service interface (or Management interface if Dedicated Management is enabled) on the Active or Passive node.
- Refer to Setting the Primary Service IP address for information on configuring primary addresses through the CLI.
- The configured primary address on DNS/DHCP servers is
not the same as the Linux kernel primary address. When
multiple IP addresses are configured on a single
interface, the address set as primary on DNS/DHCP
servers may not match the primary address listed when
retrieving interface details with the Linux
Complete the following:
- In the Description field, enter a name for the new services IP address. You can enter up to 80 alphanumeric characters including spaces, but excluding special characters.
- In the Address/CIDR field, enter an IPv4 or IPv6 address and netmask/prefix using CIDR notation. For example, 192.0.2.100/24 or 2001:db8::AC10:FE02/64. This will be the IP address assigned to the newly created VLAN interface. If no netmask is included for an IPv4 address, the UI will not accept the address. For an IPv6 address missing a prefix, /128 will be automatically added.
- Click Add Address. The IP address appears in the Addresses list. To delete an address, select an IP address from the Addresses list and click Remove.
- Click OK. The Edit Interfaces pop-up window closes.
- Under Addresses, expand to view the newly added IPv4 or IPv6 service address.