On the DNS Option Inheritance page, you can control whether DNS options are inherited by child zones within a configuration. When DNS option inheritance is disabled, DNS options that have been configured on a zone aren't inherited by the child zone. In the reverse space, DNS options that have been configured on a block aren't inherited by the child block or network when DNS option inheritance is disabled.
- Disabling DNS option inheritance only affects options attached to a zone or block and the inheritance of those options by child zones, blocks, or networks.
- You can't disable the inheritance of DNS options that are attached to a configuration, view, or server. These DNS options will continue to be inherited by all zones, blocks, or networks found under the object.
To disable DNS option inheritance:
- Select the Administration tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Administration page.
- Under General, click Configurations.
- Click the name of the configuration that you want to edit.
- Under Configuration Settings, click Define DNS option inheritance settings.
- Under DNS Option Inheritance, select the Disable DNS Option Inheritance check box.
- Click Update.