Before enabling STIG compliance, the bluecat user account must be enabled by setting a password. The bluecat user password must comply with STIG-compliant password policies. Customers are also recommended to set STIG compliant passwords for the admin and root accounts before enabling STIG compliance. For more details on password compliance, and setting the password for admin and root, refer to Password management. For more information on STIG compliance, refer to STIG.
As a best practice, BlueCat recommends STIG customers log in with the admin user account to change the bluecat user password.
- Log in to the Address Manager Administration Console as the administrator.
- From Main Session mode, type configure users and press ENTER.
- Type modify bluecat and press ENTER.
- Type set password and press ENTER.
- At the prompt, enter your <new password> and press ENTER.
- Enter your new password again to confirm and press ENTER.
- Type save and press ENTER.