Configure the xHA backbone on eth1 for data synchronization between nodes in an xHA pair.
If you didn't already configure the xHA backbone connection when adding an DNS/DHCP Server or creating your xHA pair, you can add the xHA backbone connection without needing to break xHA.
If you have re-configured your network implementation and want to re-allocate the xHA interface (eth1) on your DNS/DHCP Servers, you can remove the xHA backbone connection from your xHA cluster.
To add or remove the xHA backbone connection:
- Select the Servers tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Configuration information page.
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Under Servers, click a server name. The Details tab for the server opens.
- Click the menu beside the xHA pair name and select Edit.
To enable backbone communication,
follow these steps:
- Under xHA Communication Interface, select the Enable xHA Backbone Communication check box. If you previously configured the xHA backbone when adding the DNS/DHCP Server or creating xHA, the IP addresses and netmasks/prefixes for the Active and Passive nodes will be pre-populated with the existing values.
If this is your first time configuring the xHA backbone connection,
enter the IP address and netmask/prefix for the Active and
Note: When configuring an IPv6 address for the xHA backbone, the prefix must be set between the accepted CIDR range of 64 to 127.
- To remove the backbone connection, under xHA Communication Interface, deselect the Enable xHA Backbone Communication check box.
- Click Update.