Once you have created a zone template and it has been applied to a DNS zone, you can update the information defined in that template.
When a template is applied to a DNS zone, the Update Template function appears in the object name menu.
To update the template on a DNS zone:
- Navigate to the zone for which you want to update the template.
- Click the zone name and select Update Template.
- The Template section lists the name of the template assigned to the zone. To remove the template, click Remove.
Under Reapply Options, select an update option:
- Don’t update—select this option to apply only new template changes that don't conflict with existing settings in the zone. Items previously set by the template and items that have been manually changed aren't updated.
- Overwrite—select this option to reapply all settings in the zone. If existing settings conflict with the template settings, an error message appears and the template settings aren't applied.
- Click Yes.