After editing an IPv4 template, you can update an DHCPv4 reserved address that uses the template by applying the template. For more information on editing IPv4 templates, refer to Editing IPv4 Templates.
Changes made to the template may conflict with address assignments and deployment options set on the DHCPv4 reserved address. Address Manager provides several options for handling such conflicts, allowing you to apply or not apply the changes from the template.
- Select the IP Space tab. Tabs remember the page you last worked on, so select the tab again to ensure you're on the Configuration information page.
- From the configuration drop-down menu, select a configuration.
- Under IPv4 Blocks, navigate to an IPv4 block and select the block.
- Under Blocks and Networks, navigate to an IPv4 network and select the network.
- Under Addresses, select the DHCP reserved address.
- Click the menu beside the DHCP reserved address name and select Apply Template.
Under What to Apply, you can select
Gateway, Reserved Addresses,
IP Groups, DHCP Range
Allocation, and Deployment Options:
Note: The Gateway, Reserved Addresses, IP Groups, and DHCP Range Allocation options can only be applied to IPv4 networks. Deployment Options can be applied to all IPv4 objects.
- Gateway(only applies to IPv4 networks)—select to apply the template setting for the gateway address to the network. The intended address must be unallocated.
- Reserved Addresses(only applies to IPv4 networks)—select to apply the reserved address ranges set in the template. Static and DHCP reserved addresses that have been manually set on the network within the template ranges aren't overwritten.
- IP Groups(only applies to IPv4 networks)—select to update the IP groups added from the previous template application and to add any new IP groups defined in the updated template.
- DHCP Range Allocation(only applies to IPv4 networks)—select to apply DHCP reserved address ranges set in the template. When you select this option, the Convert all orphaned DHCP allocated IPv4 addresses to sub-option displays. You can select DHCP Reserved hosts, Static Hosts, or Unassigned Hosts.
- Deployment Options—select to apply deployment options set in the template. If a deployment option set in the template has been manually set on the network, the template isn't applied and a warning message appears describing the conflict. If a deployment option previously applied by the template has been manually edited on the network, the template isn't applied and a warning message appears describing the conflict. To remove the conflict, delete the conflicting deployment option from either the template or the network. Select Apply to non-conflicted networks only if you want to apply the deployment options to non-conflicted networks. You can also click Download to download a csv file containing information of the conflicted networks.
If there are deployment option conflicts, you can select the following options
under How to Resolve Deployment Option Conflicts:
- Use Network Settings - Template deployment options don't overwrite conflicting Network deployment options
- Use Template Settings - Template deployment options overwrite conflicting Network deployment options
- Click Apply.