Address Manager and DNS/DHCP Server come with pre-defined default passwords for the default user accounts.
Important: For security reasons, BlueCat strongly recommends changing the default passwords for all default accounts including the root account before deploying the unit into production.
Note: The portal user account is for use by BlueCat Device Registration Portal (DRP) customers only. DRP customers must configure the portal user to allow DRP to communicate with DNS/DHCP Server.
BlueCat strongly recommends that a password:
- must contain a minimum of 8 alphanumeric characters
- must contain a complex combination of upper and lower-case letters, numbers, and special characters
- shouldn't contain backslashes or apostrophes.
- shouldn't be a palindrome (string or phrase that reads the same backwards and forwards)
- shouldn't be based on dictionary word
Additional password rules with STIG mode enabled
Customers running Address Manager or DNS/DHCP Server in STIG mode must abide by the standard password requirements and the rules enforced per STIG-compliance policies:
- Must contain a minimum of 14 alpha-numeric characters (GEN000580)
- Must contain at least one uppercase alphabetic character (GEN000600)
- Must contain at least one lowercase alphabetic character (GEN000610)
- Must contain at least one numeric character (GEN000620)
- Must contain at least one special character (GEN000640)
Note: The bluecat user account is for use by STIG customers only. STIG customers MUST change the default bluecat user password BEFORE enabling STIG. The bluecat user password must comply with STIG-compliant password policies.
JMX password requirements
Password must contain:
- at least one numeric character
- at least one uppercase
- at least one lowercase
- at least one special character
- must be minimum of 8 characters
- backslash (\)
- apostrophe (')
- blank space