Merge two IPv4 blocks into a single block in Address Manager.
The Merge with Parent function merges space allocated as a block into its parent block. The child block that's merged disappears when it becomes part of the parent block again.
To merge sibling IPv4 blocks, or merge with parent block:
- On the IPv4 or Address Space tab, select the check boxes for two or more blocks to merge.
- Choose one of the following steps:
Merge sibling blocks
- Click Action and select Merge Selected.
- The Selected Siblings section lists the blocks or networks selected to be merged. Select the item that's to retain its identity after the merge.
Merge with parent block
- Click Action and select Merge with Parent.
- Under Change Control, add comments, if required.
- Click Yes.