BlueCat recommends configuring the xHA backbone connection on the xHA interface (eth1) through the user interface when adding a DNS/DHCP Server to Address Manager, or when creating an xHA pair. If configuring through the Administration Console, eth1 must be configured before adding the DNS/DHCP Server server, as interfaces cannot be altered from the Admistration Console while under Address Manager control.
You need to perform the procedure for both Active and Passive nodes in the xHA pair.
To set the xHA Backbone Connection:
- Log in to the DNS/DHCP Server Administration Console as the administrator. For more information on default login credential, refer to BlueCat default login credentials (you must be authenticated to view this topic).
- From Main Session mode, type configure interfaces and press ENTER.
- Type modify eth1 and press ENTER.
- Type set address <ipv4address/CIDR> or set address <ipv6address/CIDR> and press ENTER.
- Type save and press ENTER. The Administration Console saves your settings.
- Type exit and press ENTER until you return to Main Session mode.
- Return to the Address Manager user interface and edit the xHA pair, making sure to enter the same IP addresses and netmasks/prefixes you set on the DNS/DHCP Servers. For complete details, refer to Editing an xHA pair.